Export Data from App

Do you have one of these apps installed on your device?

I used the pma supplied above for testing. Originally the table is setup as a list. I made it a table. Is it supposed displayed as a list

Screen_Recording_20211013-145111

Would be nice to have this work. It is a very important part of the app. Iā€™ve tried app permissions, setting default appsā€¦ no luck. This is a great product. Iā€™m learning every day. Iā€™m sure we can figure this out.

We have discovered a problem and are already working on fixing it.

Thatā€™s what we all like to hear. Iā€™ll continue to work on the app. Again, great product. It would be advisable to get that comprehensive tutorial you mentioned in another post out. The product is very in-depth and some users, myself included could use some extra info.

Thanks,
Dave

2 Likes

Hi Michael, i decided after a long while to get back to this. I took over my father in laws accounting businessā€¦so iā€™ve been busy. Nonetheless, i just tried my app on my phone and it works seamless with the export feature. Just curious, it exports the data without headers. is it possible to include the headers in the file. It is a csv file.

You can add headers manually:

See the example project csv_export.pma (19.3 KB)

Hi Michael. The solution works as a txt file not csv. Three things, it adds an extra apostrophe at the end on a new line, then adds no data. Thirdly, this produces a txt file. A text file opens in notepad on windows natively. A csv opens in Excelā€¦what I need. It appears that the ā€œPrepend textā€ step makes it a text file. This can be opened in Excel, but the end user would have to know how. Not a good idea. Can we keep the current csv format or even change its extension.

Correction: the trailing apostrophe is now gone. But still produces a txt file

Hello, does anyone have any ideas around this. I tried stripping the quotes but that didnā€™'t work either. The file must be a csv. I tried some things but to no avail.

This has been fixed in a new version that will be released soon. If you are on Windows I can send you a beta version.

Yes I am using windows. please forward the link.

Thanks

Hi Michael, can you please send along the ling to the beta version you mentioned.

Thanks

Here is the beta https://flipabit.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/flipabit_2.4.1113.22.exe

You need to use Share file action for table

works like a charm on windows. on the mobile it does not include the header when exported for some odd reason. And does some weird stuff on a filtered list. But I am not 100% on the scripting for filtering data. I will try to get the filters or searching working better then figure out how to send the filtered list, not the whole dataset.

ok after testing it bit, there is something wonky with the csv after filtering but, not all the time however. I am providing some screenshots of the results after exporting. first two show that after 2 separate filters all seems fine. Filtered on the delivery
tbwiz2

tbwiz5

The when I refilter on deliver picking Sapawe one of these two things happen
tbwiz4
or
tbwiz1

Hopefully you can figure this out.

Update: I set up a button to clear the search field and picker. and cleared the filters on the table in hopes that would help but that didnā€™t work at all.

Hello Michael, do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Could you send a test project and describe what to do to reproduce the error. So that we can find the problem faster.

Hi Michael, i PMā€™d you the file a few days ago. Just checking that you got and were able to open it fine.

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright Ā© 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.