Ipad Compatibility

Good afternoon! As you already know I’m having trouble publishing my app on the appstore. This time it was rejected for not presenting a good layout with a 12.9 inch ipad pro. It turns out that my application is adaptive and not responsive, and it doesn’t fit well on this device.
On a forum I got the following solution:
“Just untick ipad checkbox on xcode - the app will run on ipad in compatibility mode”

Is there any way to do this within Flipabit?

On the Flipabit Simulator it looks perfect:
2021-10-02

but on the 12.9 inch Ipad Pro it doesn’t work well as the printscreens Apple sent me:

attachment.Screenshot-1002-191538

Could you share a link to the forum where you found this answer?

Yes! Please login with google to login!

We will add this in the next few days.

Thank you, I have the project stopped because of this publication at Apple. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Good afternoon Michael! I finally got the answer from Apple support for my case and they guided me on how to make the app available only for the Iphone. But for that I will have to edit the Info.plist file. I will send the copy of the email I received from apple in addition to the guidelines contained in the link provided for you to evaluate. Can you help me with this change to the Info.plist file?

E-mail:
"Hi Maycon,

My name is Maristela, I’m one of the Apple Developer Program Support supervisors and I’d be happy to help.

As I talked to Maicon in the morning I’m returning with the answer to the question that was asked of you guys developing apps only for iPhones.

For the application already created there is no way to do it, but for a future application just select the option “device family 1” in the UIDeviceFamily.

See more information at the link below:"

Guidelines contained in the link above:
Documentation ArchiveDeveloper

Table 4 Values for the UIDeviceFamily key|Value|Description|
| — | — |
|1|(Default) The app runs on iPhone and iPod touch devices.|
|2|The app runs on iPad devices.|

Thank you for the additional info. It will be fixed in a day.

Thanks again Michael! do you have a forecast when this will be done?

It’s done.

Select Tablet in the Platform list and rebuild your project.

In fact the application is working perfectly on the iphone and no layout adaptation on the iPad. In this case I wouldn’t have to select “Phone” so that I can restrict its publication to iPhone only, or this new setting will adapt it to the ipad if I select “Tablet”? I’m asking why I don’t have a 12.9 inch Ipad Pro to test before submitting it for review.

You need to select Phone in the Platform list. This is equivalent to UIDeviceFamily=1.

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright © 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.