Program unstable

Hi,

I almost built 95% of the application and just imported 7 images, and the screen suddenly went blank and it seems all my work just went to waste, all I can see now is this white screen, all my elements seems to have lost their names and nothing works now, please check and see if there’s a fix otherwise I have to redo everything which is a pain, as even new pages that I create now come up with this same screen.

прикрепите Ваш проект
attach the project

Hi Team, looks like there’s some serious bugs in the system. After the first crash, I rebuilt everything, exported and saved properly.

Today when I go to open the .flp file, it just comes up blank and all the content seems to have disappeared for some reason. Below is what the screensaver currently looks like, when actually there should be a video playing.

can you please help solve these issues, as I need to build a few apps that are due shortly, and with the system behaving this way, its making it hard to use.

у меня все нормально работает, Вы пробовали конвертировать видео ?
Everything works fine for me, have you tried converting the video?
2024-08-21_14-58-17

Hi Vladimir, yes, the video converts when i import it. Its not an issue with the video, for some reason all of the content just vanished. The original project file was about 650 mb with all content, however, when I went to open it again, no content was there, however, the file names are still present but no actual file. Also, for some reason the 650 mb file reduced itself to a 65kb file, which means, the system automatically removed all the content.

проблема не в программе, попробуйте отключить антивирус
the problem is not in the program, try disabling your antivirus

Hi Vladimir, I dont think you understood my problem, its nothing to do with the antivirus. Like i said, I already did what you’re showing in the video. The entire project was completed with all content included. I closed flipabit and the next day when I opened the project file all the content was gone, the names of all the content still did show in the media section though. For eg in my initial screenshot you can see that the name of the video file appears under video, however, the actual video file got deleted automatically, this was the same case for all media - images, videos, etc. Names appeared but no content. Now the interesting thing is, if I add the same media again from my desktop, it gets added with exactly the same names. So I’m sure, the antivirus has nothing to do with this.

все файлы добавляются в контейнер вашего проекта. По какой-то причине, ваш проект не сохраняет эти файлы. На видео вы могли видеть, что после того как я добавил видео файл в проект, я удалил этот файл с рабочего стола и проект все равно демонстрировал ролик. То есть программа сохраняет контент. Программа работает. А вот у Вас проблема может быть связанна с операционной системой или антивирусом.

all files are added to your project container. For some reason, your project is not saving these files. In the video you could see that after I added the video file to the project, I deleted this file from the desktop and the project still showed the video. That is, the program saves the content. The program is working. But your problem may be related to the operating system or antivirus.

I dont understand how is the problem related to the operating system or antivirus if the project container initially saved all the project files and then decides it does not want to save the project files. Anyways, I dont want to go into more discussion about this, I noticed a bug in the system and brought it to your notice, so that you could check and help resolve the issue, so that it makes it easier for everyone.

Because of the above problem, I had to build the same project 3 times, which is not a good thing for a platform and not something a developer would want to do. The next time I run into this problem, I will send you the whole project file, atleast then you may be convinced.

Dear melvynbr. From my experience I know that database files are not stored beside project files.
They are created somewhere in the program data I guess. so I want you to check your ransomware protection and turn it off if it’s not. because sometimes this happens to me when my kids play video games in my pc and the next day their saved game don’t get saved because of it. I hope this might be the problem.
Annotation 2024-08-24 210621

There may be a bug that occurs under certain conditions. If you describe how to reproduce it, we will fix it right away.

A good practice when developing in any environment is to create copies of the project, for example using Git or duplicating files.

thanks Anessi for the suggestion, I do have this turned off

Thanks for the reply Michael, I think the next time I run into this, I will share the project, although, I really hope this does not occur again as its a pain to have to redo everything.

I did implement the good practice of creating copies of the project.

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright © 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.