Update database from csv file

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a backup system, with csv files so it could be done offline. I found the tutorials in this forum for changing remote databases but I coundn’t find a way to do so with a local csv. Is it possible ?

If I understand you correctly, you’re trying to update a local .CSV database in the same way as you would a remote database?

Unless I’m mistaken, this is not possible.

A remote database is usually updated from its remote source (or server), and the database automatically updates itself depending on your settings.

Whereas for a local database, your app is built with data imported from the .CSV file at the time of build. To update this database would mean to update your .CSV file and rebuild your app with the updated data.

I hope this helps.

Well, at least that answers my question ! :smile:

So I will figure out how to do otherwise. I still have a question : in order to change manually the database values (for debug purposes), I would like to create some widget to “access” to the databases in the app. But as I have many databases, create a whole bunch of widgets to access each database would be a little too much work (and would increase unnecessarily the app weight).

So my question is : how can I change the database connected to a widget ? I tried to use all of the actions available, but when I do so, the widget gets just not connected to any database. What did I missed ?

I tried (amoung many) : action “set database” with the name of the database, the url, the file name… Maybe it does not work for local databases ? Am I forgeting to do something after changing the database associated to the widget ?

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright © 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.