What is a local database?

Hello everyone,

I thought that local database could only be updated by the app user. But here is my problem : I have a database in wich I save the “character stats” : hitpoints, mana, damages, etc. Nothing complicated until there.

Here is my problem : when this database is “local”, nothing is saved ! All my actions “increment value” or “change current field” are not implemented in the database. So when I take damages or use mana, deal damages or something else, it is not saved in the database, and so nothing works in my app.

But if my database is not “local”, all the changes I do when using the app (character stats modifications, damages, etc, everything that works fine when it is not “local”) are not saved after the app is closed. So when I re-open the app, all is gone !

So how can I do for this ? Is it a bug ? What are the specifications of the “local database” ?

Thanks by advance.

Share the project I can’t find a solution to the problem?

Когда Вы используете локальную БД в тестировании Вашего проекта, используется временная БД.
Если Вы будете управлять данными в рабочем процессе, то БД будет сохраняться.
Удаленная БД сохраняет данные, так как не относиться ко временной тестовой БД.
Скомпилируйте Ваш проект.

When you use a local DB in testing your project, a temporary DB is used.
If you manage the data in the workflow, the DB will be saved.
The remote DB saves the data, as it does not belong to the temporary test DB.
Compile your project.

Ok, that’s weird. I think it was a bug.

In my previous version, I built the app and installed it on my phone. Then, it was what I described : when the database was “local” nothing worked, when it wasn’t “local” nothing was saved.

But with your reply, it tried re-build my app, and discard the previous version from my phone (I used the “update” to install the new versions) and now everything works fine. Murphy’s law i guess.

Well, sorry for the disturbance and thanks for helping me to solve my problem !

But could you just explain to me how it works for databases ? As far as I know :

• local databases are stored in the app and can be modified only by the app user, but how does it works with updates ? If I install a version with a different database, will it suppress the previous local database ? Will it add ?
  • databases that are not local, but created with a csv file (on the computer then) : it seems that modifications are not saved when the app is closed, right ? Why ?

Thanks

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright © 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.