Why is the app so slow?

Hello everyone,

My app is pretty much done now, but the most I create it, the most it slows down when installing on my phone. Ok, my phone isn’t the last Iphone with a big configuration, but still, is it normal when a page takes more than 30 secondes to load ? My UI isn’t that graphical, is it ?

Even my old PC goes faster with flipabit. My app is that long to open that my phone shuts the screen off before it is fully opened if I don’t keep clicking on the screen… How can I make it faster ?

Thanks by advance :slight_smile:

Hi. There are too many things that could affect the performance of the app, even if it looks simple from the outside. For things like this you would be asked to send a copy of the project for team members to analyze the problem. but I can advise you not to use large photos when not needed. and don’t use auto sized text with tables as they affect performance. and also don’t use the action “When changed” too much. I hope those suggestions can be in help.

Inasmuch as this might be the case I think I may also understand OP’s perspective.

From my little research, due to the library files for device architecture, the app sizes are quite large by default (roughly 50MB) even before any text or graphic elements are added.

I think this renders the apps relatively slower and produces lagging.

These are two projects I’m still working on and they barely run smooth and lag a lot on testing device even at above-normal CPU speeds; both have sizes of nothing less than 70MB and the second was a 3-in-1 app which I had to split in three places as a result of the size limit.screen2_2
screen9_1

Thanks for your answers, even if now it makes me hesitate to subscribe to a paid version, if the app must be slow no matter what… Until there I will try to improve and optimize it according to your advices @Anessi by reducing the use of “when changed” actions.

About this, what do you mean exactly by “when changed” actions ? There are many different actions that can be corresponding to your description. I did use some number variables with “number changed” actions, and I’m on my way to remove these actions as much as possible. But is there others kind of actions I should be aware of ? Like for tables I use quite a lot the “current index changed”, or for spin boxes the “index changed” action. Will these actions slow down my app too ?

Thanks again

None of the actions you mentioned will slow the project, and they are not like “when changed” action.
and “when changed” action itself isn’t going to slow the project unless it’s used as an action with the project for heavy proposes. to understand what it does it’s as simple as that, any changes to the project or any of its child “any widget in the project”, if it’s a mouse click, or an action started or whatever happened in the project then the “when changed” action of the project fires up. but if it’s used with a widget. nothing will happen unless something changed in that particular widget.
Just don’t worry too much, flipabit is a great program, it’s just a matter of managing the actions and what to show at a time. Try to reach one the team members and let them take a look at you project to know what’s the problem.

Well, thanks to both of you, I followed your advices and it worked !

I don’t really know what was the problem, maybe the autosize of some texts, maybe my “navigation” page that was too heavy, maybe just this time the building of the app wasn’t good… Anyway, it worked and I hope it will help some other people.

Thanks !

Bingo. I guess u used text auto size in a table, I’ve had some performance issue once and discovered later that auto size is the problem. because it has to calculate each row for autosizing. I’m glad your problem is gone.

Hello Anessi,

Well in fact it wasn’t into a table, but inside a group with a “Hug contents” resizing. I thinks thats pretty much the same problem : the text resizes, then the group resizes, that makes the text font resize, that makes the text resize, etc… Perfect loop for perfect lag ! :sweat_smile:

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright © 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.