Base 64 images not displaying

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with some images displays. In my app, we can import images from the phone and add them to the app, nothing particular. Of course, the converted images are stored in a local database.

After reading some topic here, i chose to compress those images in base 64 to save space, but I encounter a problem : if the image file is too heavy, the image doesn’t display ! I tried to import many different images, to understand, and it seems that there is a size limit, about 20 ko (tried 18 Ko and it worked, tried 29 and it failed). Is that right ? Or is there something else i missed ?

Besides, I would like to know how to download images in the app folder. I found this topic :

But it doesn’t work : when importing images like that, it stores the link of the original file (C:/User/Images/etc) but when we remove the file, the link is over !

Converting to base 64 worked fine, but if it’s limitated to 20 Ko or something like that, it’s pretty much useless.

So how can I use the app image picker to import an image, store it inside the app folder or something, so it will be always available ?

Thanks by advance

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright © 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.