Launching flipabit files

Hi Michael - I’m back again!

I’m thankfully nearing the completion of this project - thanks so much for your help along the way

My question is about page transitions. Is it possible to force Flipabit to use a different page transition for certain pages, different from the default page transition that is set in the project settings?

The project’s default page transition is ‘card’ - however, for this particular part of the project, which has pages that have a ‘next’ button to make the dialogue proceed forward, the swipe transition would be much better. Can I do this?

Yes, It’s easy! Here is the example: dynamic_animation.pma (5.2 KB)

Hi Michael - thats great - but if i want to set it to swipe horizontally or vertically - is there a way to set the direction of the swipe? Currently, I have as default a vertical ‘card’ animation, and I want to change it to a horizontal ‘swipe’ animation for this particular part of the project

Hi Michael - I think I’ve figured it out - in the same project property menu there is ‘direction’ and I have worked out what number corresponds to what direction - this sort of info would be great to have in ‘document’ format - maybe it is already??

If my project has been inactive for 60 seconds then it returns to the main project page. If the project was left unattended whilst the page animation was set to ‘swipe’/horizontal, I would like to reset the page animation to ‘card’/vertical, after the same inactive period. However, there does not seem to be an IF [condition] available to do this. It is greyed out / unavailable.

Hi Michael - I’m back again, after updating to the new software! I’m trying to figure out how to re-create the same parallax scrolling method that was achieved by the code that you figured out. The parallax was created by controlling the scroll of one group by the scrolling of another group. How would this be achieved in the new software?

Also, when I now export the file to an executable [for use on the touchscreen], the appearance of the stroke on the circular event ‘buttons’ gets a lot thicker than it looks within the editor software. I’m confused as to why that would be happening.!

flipabit-editor
This is the editor view [above]
flipabit-executable-thick-lines
This is the .exe [above]

Just to clarify - the file I have been using was the original file that the new software version has ‘updated’ for me. It’s not a complete re-write in the new version.

Border width depends on the screen resolution. This is a bug. Will be fixed.

1 Like

I’ll send you parallax scrolling example with video.

1 Like

Thank you, Michael

All the best
Graeme

Here is the video: Dropbox - How to Create Parallax.mp4 - Simplify your life

Example project: parallax_group.pma (159.1 KB)

1 Like

Thank you, Michael - your instructions have worked perfectly for me.
Will the bug [regarding the rendering of the thick strokes] be fixed upon the next software release? If so, when might that be?

Again, many thanks for your help
Graeme

Sure. It will be fixed within a month.

Back to Flipabit >
Copyright © 2018. Flipabit Team. All rights reserved.